- MINIMUM ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Public Administrative Sciences & Management (BPASM)
- Bachelor of Ethics and Development Studies (BEDS)
- Bachelor of Office Management & Secretarial Studies(BOMSS)
- Bachelor of Arts with Education Secondary (BAES)
- Bachelor of Counselling (BOC)
- Bachelor of Science with Education Secondary (BSES) (Computer Studies, Mathematics, Geography and Economics as subject combinations)
- Bachelor of Human Resource Management (BHRM)
- Bachelor of Information Systems(BIS)
- Bachelor of Institutional Governance and Leadership (BIGL)
- Bachelor of Mass Communication and Journalism (BMCJ)
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Finance (BSAF)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Computing (BSBC)
- Bachelor of Science in Procurement and Logistics Management (BSPLM)
- Bachelor of Social Work and Societal Transformation (BSWST)
Atleast two (2) Principal Passes at “A” level and at least five (5) Passes at “O” level in one sitting or its equivalent.
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology:
- Should have passes Mathematics at Uganda Ordinary Level Certificate of Education.
- At least two principal passes in the Uganda Advanced Level Certificate of Education secured at the same sitting in any “A” Level subjects.
- Should have passed Subsidiary Computer (ICT) or Subsidiary Mathematics in the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education for students with Arts background.
- A Diploma from a recognized institution by NCHE with a credit in the relevant field and at least five passes at “O” level.
- For mature Age students : Must be at least 25 years and scored 50% and above in Mature Age Examination from NCHE recognized centre.
BACHELOR OF EDUCATION PRIMARY (BEP)
A diploma in Education (Primary) and passed the subjects they intend to pursue for the award of a degree of Bachelor of Education (Primary)
For International students, they should have qualifications equivalent to Diploma in Education (Primary) as equated by NCHE and passed the subjects they intend to pursue for the award of BEP.
DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION
At least a grade III primary Teaching certificate from a recorgnized institution.
Diploma in Business Administration and Management (DBAM), Diploma in Computer Sciences(DCS), Diploma in Development Studies (DDS)
At least one (1) principal pass and two subsidiaries at “A” Level atleast five (5) passes at “O” level in one sitting or its equivalent.
A certificate from a recognized institution of higher learning with a credit in a relevant field and three (3) passes at “O” Level in one sitting or its equivalent.
For DCS, a candidate should have passed Mathematics at “O” Level.
For mature Age students: A candidate must be at least 25 years and above, and scored 50% and above in mature age examination from NCHE recognized centre.
A higher Education Certificate (HEC): A candidate must have passed a relevant HEC accredited by NCHE with a distinction or credit.
MODE OF APPLICATION
a) Application Forms can be obtained from the following places:
i)University of Saint Joseph Mbarara(Opposite Holy Innocents Children’s Hospital on Mbarara-Isingiro Road)
ii)Mbarara Catholic Social Centre bookshop
iii)All Catholic parishes in the Archdiocese of Mbarara.
iv)Downloaded from www.usj.ac.ug
Pay for Application forms a non-refundable fee of UGX .25,000/= (Bank charges inclusive) on Bank Account :
University of Saint Joseph Mbarara
Account No. 310031989
Centenary Bank-Mbarara Branch.