The Deputy Vice Chancellor (DVC)
MBYEMEIRE JOHN PATRICK [Rev. Fr.], PhD. (URBANIANA), MA Theol. (URBANIANA; Dip. Ed. (MUK). ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR
Rev. Fr. Mbyemeire John Patrick is the Deputy Vice Chancellor of University of Saint Joseph Mbarara.
- Lecturer, Katigondo Major Seminary 1998-1990
- Lecturer, Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA), Nairobi 2000-2002
- Member, Human resource Committee, University of St. Joseph, Mbarara 2014
- Senior Lecturer, Kampala International University (KIU-WC) 2006-to-date
- Head of Foundations Departmen1t, KIU-WC 2010-2012
- Member and Deputy Chair Person, and Chair Person REC, KIU-WC 2010- to date
- Member of Doctoral Research Committee 3July 2016.
- Dean, Faculty of Education, 14 October, 2016
- Member, Annual Research and Innovations Committee (ARIC) April 21, 2017
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor, University of Saint Joseph Mbarara (USJM) 12 June, 2017 – to date
- Promoted to rank of Associate Professor (USJM) 7 May 2022
Roles and Responsibilities
- Be the First Deputy to the Vice Chancellor
- Assist the Vice Chancellor in the performance of his or her functions and in that regard be responsible for the Academic Affairs of the University.
- In the absence of the Vice Chancellor perform the functions of Vice Chancellor.
- Initiate, obtain approval of and promote policies, plans and programs that enhance the academic and professional excellence of the University.
- Oversee the development, implementation and review of the policy framework for monitoring the quality, standards and management of the University’s academic programs.
- Establish systems for the planning, development and review of undergraduate, postgraduate, research programs and any other academic programs of the University.
- Oversee the selection and admission of students.
- Initiate and coordinate the development and review of curricula for academic programs offered at the University.
- Monitor compliance in setting and marking all examinations in accordance with the established regulations.
- Establish systems for students’ timely completion of academic programmes.
- Promote partnerships and networking for academic growth and development in the University.
- Perform such other functions that may be delegated to him or her by the Vice Chancellor or assigned by the University Council.
Mbyemeire Patrick [Rev. Fr.] PhD. Associate Professor
Mobile: +256 772601482
Email Address: email@example.com