Dr. ir. Fred Kaggwa
Dr. ir. Fred Kaggwa Holds a PhD in Computing from Mbarara University of Science and Technology. Fred was the first Masters Graduate in Computer Security in Western Uganda and Most Parts of the Country. Fred is currently lecturing Systems Security and Computer Network Security at the Faculty of Education and Science.
2013-2016: PhD Computing, Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
2009-2011: MSc. Computer Security, Universiteit Twente., Netherlands
2004-2007: Bachelor of ComputerScience (Honors), Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
Research and Areas of Interest:
Interests are in Computer Security Related areas including: Network Security, Forensics Science, Biometrics Security, Privacy, Hardware & Software Security, and Security in Organisations.
- Mpangwire, V., Ejiri, A., & Kaggwa, F. (2020). Organisational Factors and Adoption of the Unified Identification System (UIDS) Among Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) In Uganda. American Journal of Data, Information and Knowledge Management, 1(1), 1-11.
- Kimera, Richard, Fred Kaggwa, Rogers Mwavu, Robert Mugonza, Wilson Tumuhimbise, Gloria Munguci, and Francis Kamuganga. “Mbarara University of Science and Technology (MUST).” In Leveraging Data Science for Global Health, pp. 329-350. Springer, Cham, 2020.
- A. Izaara, R. Ssembatya and F. Kaggwa, “An Access Control Framework for Protecting Personal Electronic Health Records,” 2018 International Conference on Intelligent and Innovative Computing Applications (ICONIC), Mon Tresor, Plaine Magnien, Mauritius, 2018, pp. 1-6.
- Kaggwa, J. Ngubiri and F. Tushabe, “Combined feature level and score level fusion Gabor filter-based multiple enrollment fingerprint recognition,” 2016 International Conference on Signal Processing, Communication, Power and Embedded System (SCOPES), Paralakhemundi, Odisha, India, 2016, pp. 159-165. IEEE, 2016, ISBN: 978-1-5090-4620-1
- Fred Kaggwa, John Ngubiri and Florence Tushabe. Article: Gabor Filter-based Multiple Enrollment Fingerprint Recognition. International Journal of Computer Applications 139(7):32-38, April 2016. Published by Foundation of Computer Science (FCS), NY, USA
- Kaggwa, Fred, John Ngubiri, and Florence Tushabe. “Improving recognition performance in multiple enrollment based fingerprint recognition systems.” In Computer & Information Technology (GSCIT), 2015 Global Summit on, pp. 1-5. IEEE, 2015, ISBN: 978-1-4673-6586-4
- Kaggwa, F.; Ngubiri, J.; Tushabe, F. Multiple enrollment based Fingerprint Recognition Systems: State of the Art Survey. IJCIT Volume 04-Issue 02, March 2015 [Online]. Available: http://www.ijcit.com/archives/volume4/issue2/Paper040240.pdf
- Kaggwa, Fred; Ngubiri, John; Tushabe, Florence, “Evaluation of Multiple Enrollment for Fingerprint Recognition,” IEEE Computer & Information Technology (GSCIT), 2014 Global Summit on , pp.1-6, 14-16 June 2014, ISBN: 978-1-4799-5626-5
- Kaggwa, F. (2012) Evaluation of Multiple Enrollment for Fingerprint Recognition. Master’s thesis, University of Twente.
- Kaggwa, F. (2007) Patient Management Information System (PMIS). Bachelor’s Research Report, Mbarara University of Science and Technology